- More than 80% of marketers surveyed regarded marketing ROI and new technology initiatives as very important.
- 60% believe understaffing is a severe problem at their origination. These marketers feel overextended.
- More than half feel firefighting and time management are problematic.
- 87% work more than 40 hours.
- 80% of marketers from smaller companies rated the caliber of their work as exceptional. The percentage rating their work exceptional decreased dramatically as company size increased.
- Middle managers are more inclined to feel their projects are rushed.
- Job satisfaction means much more than a paycheck; work/life balance, the level he or she is trusted, corporate culture, the fit between job responsibilities and skills and business ethics are all important components.
The AMA and Aquent have created a website with a salary comparison tool and the research study in a downloadable PDF at no charge. There is a link to the site from the story at Marketing Today.